Re: [ftp wld files]FLAME

From: Justin (c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: 08/05/97

Sorry, I gotta do this...

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Snow Man wrote:

<snip>
> .wld files and I noticed where the zone number should be there was a QQ
> instead> how can I change that to a valid zone Number
>
> thanks
>
> also In need of builders for a great mud.. OLC plus much more code
> already added... mud is half done need help in the building dept. 8-)

How the hell do you think you change it?  How do you change anything in
your code?!  It's called _editing_ the file!  And the Unix command to
change the name of the file is 'mv'.
And how are you going to attract builders with coding knowledge like that,
much less call it a great mud.  A mud's owner may indeed have great ideas,
but I wouldn't call the mud itself great lest it has a suffiecient coder
to work with it.  And doesn't OLC have problems with crashes when it's
stock?  That' half the conversations on this list, it seems to me.  Have
you been paying attention to them, correcting what needs to be corrected
as it arises, or do you expect to be able to attract coders with OLC
experience only to have the same ol' problems everyone else has?
Jeez, even I didn't ask these kind of questions when I started.  I bought
myself a unix book, and eventually a C book.