Re: C++ question

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/06/97

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Michael J. McGillick wrote:

>I do understand that the purpose of this is to build a string in buf, and
>then send it to the log function.  I'm currently working on porting the
>code to C++, and was wondering if anyone new of the corresponding C++
>equivalent to writing a stream to a buffer.  With the normal cout and cerr
>commands, the string is written out to screen immediately, insted of being
>stored in a buffer.

You would have to write your own buffer class for it most likely.
PC.Cout << "Stuff" would be nice, otherwise it's tough to get who you want
to throw the text to.  I'd rather adapt send_to_char() like I did with
log() and mudlogf() though..

>I apologize if this is a stretch for an appropriate question for this
>list.  Thanks for any help.

Sounds ok to me, I have some patches to make CircleMUD C++ compiler safe.
Doesn't change anything to take advantage of it, but you can compile and
link.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard