Re: [Off-Topic]Messages lost... :(

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 08/06/97

On Wednesday, August 06, 1997 9:12 PM, Fili [SMTP:cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET]
wrote:
> >>(Now I am writing an off-line area editor, for Win95... :) )
> >
> >I thought someone already wrote one.
>
> When you write it, please release the source! I would be interested in
> using it (I got a win95 box, sorry Chris!(it will be used for linux soley
> once the faster lines are installed))   but the stock zones are no longer
> compatible with my mud, and so the editor would need modifications.

I wrote one for my mud.. and then stopped work on it, as OLC took all my
time.

I'll prolly never continue it.. but the source is there (VB 4.0)

ftp://mud.polarnet.com/pub/Antares/area/

There are several zip files in there, including one that is just the source.

It is unfinished, but the functions that do work, are pretty much bug free.

For the record: I do not support it, and will only answer questions about it
if they suit me and I have the spare time for it. Not to be rude, but to be
painfully clear ... if you have a question about the code (and have vb 5,
as I no longer use vb 4) then feel free to ask.. I'll try to reply, though I
make
no promises.

--Mallory
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never
expect it.     - Jack Handey