Re: Re[2]: Race and Infravision

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 08/07/97

At 09:15 AM 8/5/97 -0400, angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM wrote:
>     Don't forget in point_update() in limits.c to add something like:
>

>      if ((!IS_AFFECTED(i, AFF_INFRARED)) && ((IS_D_ELF(i)) ||
>                (IS_DWARF(i))))
>            SET_BIT(i->specials.affected_by, AFF_INFRARED);
>

>     or else it might go away when 1) they die  2) some imm unaffects them
>     3) other weirdness happens

instead of using infravision why don't you just add some checks in
everywhere you need to check if they can see or not.  like if they're an elf
and they type look you have it check if their an elf and if their not check
for other stuff (lights) and send them whatever text needs to be sent.  that
way it isn't possible for some imm to come along and take it away or for it
to be lost when the person dies.

This is just my opinion on the subject.  I just don't see why you should go
to the trouble of using infravision when a few checks for elfishness would
have the same effect and you wouldn't have to reset a flag a lot of times.