Re: [ARENA] Arena Help: parsebet call? whats this?

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/07/97

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Leonard Burns IV wrote:

>> This is the line it is referring to:
>>
>> newbet = parsebet (bet_pot, buf1);
>>
>>         What exactly is parsebet? Its not loacted anywhere else on the MUD
>> and I am not sure what its intended purpose is.. Anyone have any ideas
>> what this is supposed to be doing?
>>                                                 Nitelite
>
>Well, Strom seems to have left that and some other neat funcs out of his
>arena code on accident. If you get on the ftp site and download the
>latest Lostlands Source, it has the functions in the arena.c, that were
>missing.

The first argument is the current bet on the pot, the second is the
argument the character typed.  Basically it figures out what the new bet is
based on the old one.

+25 = 25% over the bet
*2 = double the bet, etc

it's kind of hard to follow so I'd recommend you get it from Strom's code
as he suggested.

 --
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard