Re: Multihit for mobs by Christian Duvall

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 08/11/97

well, for this, i seriously doubt that you were supposed to put it _IN_
perform_violence().  possibly in one of the damage() or hit() calls?
not sure, i have it in my code, but i dont have access to that right now.

anyway, try going through the perform_violence() code, and find a
for(d=descriptor_list;... )
or a   for(ch=character_list...
or something like that.
and then look for a damage() or hit() call.

but i think you are supposed to put that code into damage().

anyway,

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

At 03:40 PM 8/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>GDB 4.14 (i486-linux), Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
>Core was generated by `bin/circle 6666'.
>Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>#0  perform_violence () at fight.c:953
>953       if (IS_NPC(ch)) {
>void perform_violence(void)
>{
>  struct char_data *ch;
<snip>
>  if (IS_NPC(ch)) {
>    perc = number(1, 101);
>    val = ch->mob_specials.attack1;
>    if (val > perc) {
>**snip**
>(gdb) bt
>#0  perform_violence () at fight.c:953
>#1  0x8048e81 in heartbeat (pulse=20) at comm.c:697
>#2  0x8048dbe in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:665
>#3  0x8048414 in init_game (port=6666) at comm.c:252
>#4  0x804839e in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff76c) at comm.c:222
>#5  0x80480e4 in _start ()
>
>(gdb) list
>948     {
>949       struct char_data *ch;
>950       extern struct index_data *mob_index;
>951       int perc, val, apr;
>952
>953       if (IS_NPC(ch)) {
>954         perc = number(1, 101);
>955         val = ch->mob_specials.attack1;
>956         if (val > perc) {
>957           apr++;
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>#!/bin/sh
>whois yea.com|grep YEA2|awk '{print $1}'
>whois aree.com|grep DOM|awk '{print $1}'
>whois aree.com|grep DOM|awk '{print $1}'|cut -c1
>whois tm920|grep TM920|awk '{print $4}'|cut -d@ -f1

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |