Re: Re[2]:Hash table formula - now more of a tree. 10:29:47 -0400"

From: d. hall (dhall@APK.NET)
Date: 08/12/97

personally this entire hash array argument for command sets seems rather
stupid.

I'd probably use a pointer to a pointer array of strutures.

struct command **cmd_list;

And then just selectively malloc down the list, carving as I go along.

original pointer is an array of first letters, each array element points
to an array of of elements within that letter.

Or else I'd scrap that and use a mini- MD5 scheme. =)

d.