Re: Remort System

From: Adam Beytin (mbeytin@UMD5.UMD.EDU)
Date: 08/13/97

>         I'd like to put a remort system in my mud, with a remort at every
> 30 levels 3 times, so it would be like: 30/30/30.  At each remort, the
> character would evolve into a higher class, with the third class being
> the highest.  Has anyone ever done this before?  I'm pretty clueless as
> how to go about it, and any help would be appreciated/credited.

Well, I have added a couple (and am adding more) remort classes.  Not
doing it slightly like you want, but there goes.
A player reaches level 50, they go to one of the mobs I put out there to
train, and it sends them to that new class.  Each remort class is either a
more powerful version of that old class, or is a combination of two
classes.  Ie: Warrior remorting to Paladin makes them a combination of
Warrior/Cleric, with more power and abilities.  Or can remort to knight,
and get more spells/skills/hp/damage/attacks...

I just created new classes, if you can do that, start from there.

* Supreme Implementor            The Domain     mail.bcpl.lib.md.us 9999 *
Demi-God                       Chaotic Realms     chaotic.econ.cbs.dk 4000
Mortal                            Imperial         mandrake.cs.hut.fi 6969

Adam Beytin     mbeytin@umd5.umd.edu    http://members.tripod.com/~abeytin