Re: Linux

From: Eduo - Tempus Fugit Pseudo Admin (mud@SPARC.CIATEQ.CONACYT.MX)
Date: 08/14/97

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Yolan wrote:

> As I said earlier I was having trouble with Circle MUD on NT/95.  I am
> wondering if it would be easier and better if I tried linux. I have
> figured out that most immortals that I know do not have windows (atleast
> for CircleMUD) Thanks,

Not linux, but unix, anyt flavor of unix would be a thousand times better
than NT.

Think linux if you have possibilities of using it, but when coming from
Windows *ANY* unix will be much better...

OTOH I am not sure what's the performane Chris has been getting on his
PowerPC PowerMacintosh and that may be a n option too..

So far I have run the thing for a few months in several different unix
flavors and i has been a charm, I ran it in an NT box and it was much more
painful.

Remember, it was designed first for Unix, and then ported to other
platforms, so you lose some flexibility on the move (specially from the
inability of using scripts, patch, cron, etc...:)

Luck

Eduo