Re: [Newbie] really stupid...

From: Desmond Daignault (tekdd@DTOL.DATATIMES.COM)
Date: 08/14/97

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Justin wrote:

=>I know this is a really stupid, easy mistake that I am just overlooking.
=>But, I am overlooking it; would someone take a look at this and tell me
=>where I made a dumb typo with their fresh eyes.  Compiler is tell ing me
=>there is a parse error before the void on line 845.
=>
=>Thanks In Advance
=>Salvatore
=>
=>
=>/*
=> * Roll the 6 stats for a character... each stat is made of the sum of
=> * the best 3 out of 4 rolls of a 6-sided die.  Each class then decides
=> * which priority will be given for the best to worst stats.
=> */
=>void roll_real_abils(struct char_data * ch)
=>{
=>int i, j, k, temp;
=>ubyte table[7];
=>ubyte rolls[4];
=>ubyte sup_rolls[5];
=>
=>switch (GET_RACE(ch)) {
=> case RACE_HUMAN:
=> case RACE_MIPS:
=>   for (i = 0; i < 7; i++)
=>     table[i] = 0;
=>   for (i = 0; i < 7; i++)
=>     {
=>     for (j = 0; j < 4; j++)
=>       rolls[j] = number(1, 6);
=>     temp = rolls[0] + rolls[1] + rolls[2] + rolls[3] -
=>            MIN(rolls[0], MIN(rolls[1], MIN(rolls[2], rolls[3])));

missing a } here.

--

Dez.

void signature () {
  printf ("Praise not the day until evening has come; a woman\n"
          "until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until\n"
          "she is married; ice until it has been  crossed; beer until it\n"
          "has been drunk.   -- Viking Proverb\n");
}