Re: I installed Linux!

From: Crimson Wizard (cwizard@GIBLETS.COM)
Date: 08/16/97

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Raf wrote:

> > I got linux Installed! Thanks for people who tried to help. I ended up
> > using mini-linux. Now that I have it installed I don't know how to
> > install Circle. Could a linux user please send me a few commands and
> > directions? I will not be able to find a book on linux for at least 3
> > weeks.
>
> Okay,
>
> 1) Make yourself a mud account with the adduser command
> 2) Login to your mud account
> 3) ftp ftp.circlemud.org
> 4) cd pub/CircleMUD/3.x
> 5) bin
> 6) hash
> 7) mget circle30bpl11.tar*
> 8) quit
> 9) gzip -d circle30bpl11.tar.gz
> 10) tar -xvf circle30bpl11.tar.gz
> 11) cd circle30bpl11
> 12) Read the readmes and FAQ :)

13) lean pico/vi
14) make
15) modify code
16) make..error..oh shit
17) pull hair out
18) email list
19) make again...pull more hair out
20> see a trend? :)

hehe

I've had more fun hacking this mud code over the last 2 months than any
project i've worked on yet... and I've learned a few things about C myself

--
#!/bin/sh
whois yea.com|grep YEA2|awk '{print $1}'