Re: Mount by Daniel

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/16/97

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Adam Befeler wrote:

>I was wondering is there a way that anybody would add this into olc so
>that it works with oedit and other stuff or does it already work.
>I haven't implemented this patch yet, just putting together information
>so that I don't waste time, since my MUD is highly modified from the
>stock version.

No.

"No." in detail:
Many people who have olc will have their own version of mounting or will
not want mounting.  I'm not really happy with improved_edit being inside of
OasisOLC, it should be an option.  To that end, I'm going to #ifdef the
code for the improved editor as an option so people are not forced to use
it with OasisOLC, even though it is much better than the stock system.  If
you've heavily modified your MUD then the mount patch should be simple to
apply by hand with your knowledge of the code.  The above does not mean I
am removing the improved_editor from Oasis, just making it optional.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard