Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 08/17/97

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

-+What about labels/goto?  Not sure if they are ANSI C tho...

Uhm, please don't every say the "g"-word again.  That is an offense
punishable by the only fate worse than death...Yes, I know what you're
thinking, "He wouldn't, would he?"  I would, oh, yes, I would.  I'm
going to start taping all the folk music I can...be very, very cautious.

Okay, aside from (failed?) humor, you actually should be shot if you think
labels/goto are an acceptable convention in C code.  They are a horrible,
terrible creation and really only exist for compatability with old code
(but who wants to use code that has "goto" in it, anyway?)

Anyway, there really is no difference between:

  goto do_pour_end;

and

  return;

except for fact that the "goto" will probably compile into more assembly
instructions (should; but I can't say for certain).

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.