Re: [Legal -again-] Contributions

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 08/17/97

On Sunday, August 17, 1997 6:33 PM, Daniel Koepke
[SMTP:dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM] wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Andrew Helm wrote:
>
> -+And what if I agreed with the license? You seem to have stopped mid
> -+sentence there, Daniel.

<snip>

Umm. Have you ever thought that maybe the spirit of the license is
what you are honor bound to fulfill? Forget legality. The honorable
path is to not accept money, donations or anything else but maybe
some praise from whoever stops by and likes what you are doing.
The mud shouldn't be a profit center, unless you are willing to start
from scratch. After all, no-one forced anyone to download circle and
start running it. You chose this path, and out of respect for those
who did the homework, you should follow their wishes, even if they
are not able to write an iron-clad thou-shall-not document that is
fully binding in the courts.

To do anything less is not honorable, and will bring bad things
to your mud in the long run, IMHO.

If you were just asking out of academic curiosity, please forgive
the tone of my post. If you are really looking for a way to recoup
the money you are spending, maybe you should take up a different
hobby, one that is less expensive or allows you to pull in a few bucks
as partial compensation for your time and effort.

--Mallory

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never
expect it.     - Jack Handey