Re: [off topic] Goto/Gosub

From: Nathan Davies (alamar@MARQUIS.NETINC.CA)
Date: 08/17/97

> > What about labels/goto?  Not sure if they are ANSI C tho...
>
> NO NO NO NO!!! Please!!! No!!
>
> It has been proven that the more 'goto' and 'gosub' statements there are
> in a program the more logic and/or compile-time errors there are in the
> code. PLEASE don't doom Circle to an early grave if this is possible.

I just had to reply to this post since I found it so
funny...heh...ok...Goto ROX!!!
And it's used in every bit of code we all write, cept it's hidden...

But to say Gosub causes problems is just plain silly...ALL procedural
languages, like C, pascal, etc are BASED on Gosub...that's the whole
point...functions, procedures, subroutines...

HINT:  log( "GOSUB's ROCK!!!" )  is equivalent to gosub log <text>

Av fun, good luck an hey...enjoy life :)

Nathan Davies,
alamar@mail.netinc.ca