Re: Servers

From: Robert A. Hayden (rhayden@ORION.MEANS.NET)
Date: 08/18/97

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Yolan wrote:

> Could anyone tell me a cheap or not too expensive place to get a server?
> I have so far found a 45 (linux) doller one and a 30 (os solaris)one.

What is considered an "acceptable" rate?  We have a couple idle machines
at my office and I'm thinking of proposing turning one of them (an Alpha
400) into a combination prototype machine and mud server.  it'd have
direct 100MBit connection and oddles of space.

What would people pay for this kind of a service?