Re: [COMPILING] Weird Compiling error.

From: Ron Hensley (ron@CROSS.DMV.COM)
Date: 08/22/97

> make ../bin/circle
> gcc -c -g -O   comm.c
> In file included from comm.c:30:
> comm.h:83: conflicting types for `htonl'
> /usr/include/machine/endian.h:64: previous declaration of `htonl'
> comm.h:95: conflicting types for `ntohl'
> /usr/include/machine/endian.h:66: previous declaration of `ntohl'

Had the exact same problem on BSDI 3.0, which I mailed Jeremy about a few
days back. Mine was a totally new install of virgin source from
ftp.circlemud.org, patch level 11.

Simply comment out those two blocks in comm.h and all will work fine.
Least it did for me. Autoconfigure just didnt quite pick things up correctly
and didnt properly notice that those two functions are already defined by
the system itself.

    *   Ron Hensley                     ron@dmv.com                   *
    *   Network Administrator           http://www.dmv.com/~ron       *
    *                                   PGP Key at WWW Page           *
    *   DelMarVa OnLine                 749-7898 Ext. 403             *