Re: Fw: Bunch v2.0

From: Kenneth G. Cavness (kcavness@PROXICOM.COM)
Date: 08/22/97

>On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Kenneth G. Cavness wrote:

>> ...I made a sh utility called "bunch"...I've revamped it...It's now in
>>perl...I don't know if anyone else will find it helpful, though I
>>do...I'm sending it to the ftp site.
>
>Uh, what does it do?

What most people do on their own, just with tests.

Using "bugs" "typo" or "ideas" as a base, and taking the format:

bunch [-ibt] [extension]

it copies either the ideas, bugs, or typos file to a new file with the
extension you give it, or concatenates it if the file with that
extension already exists to that file. It makes sure the file to be
added isn't empty, that the files exist, and warns you if your ideas,
bugs, or typos files are not there.

Finally, it clears whatever file you chose (for example, ideas).

bunch defaults to -i and "fix" as its extension.

example:
bunch -t old
would take the typos file and do the equivalent of the following:
if(-e typos.old)
    cat typos >> typos.old
else
    cat typos > typos.old
rm -f typos
touch typos

Like I said, not something anyone else could do manually. Just has
checks in it, and the version that was already in there was _old_.

Sorry, I figured anyone curious would have downloaded the **4k** long
file and just looked at it.