Re: killing same mobs EXP gain limitation

From: Hans H. Hjort (hjort@S-96-226.RESNET.OHIO-STATE.EDU)
Date: 08/25/97

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Edward Glamkowski wrote:

>         I believe that on Arctic they don't keep track of how
> many times each player has killed a specific mob, only how
> many times has the mob been killed in x amount of time.
>         So if 10 different people kill the same mob repeatedly
> in a short period of time, they will all get less and less,
> and if some poor sap comes along a few minutes later after
> the others have left, he will get virtually no exp too.
>         Someone correct me if I am wrong :)
> (certainly, that would be much easier to implement...)

        As I recall, it was kept track of for each character. I seem to
recall being in an area, watching the exp drop, when a friend showed up
and told me he was getting full exp to start with.  However I do believe
there was a limited memory, as the trick to restoring mobs to full exp
was to go out and kill a number of different mobs. The new kills would
apparently push the old mobs off the list.  I think Arctic only had 10 to
20 slots in the list.

                                                -Hans H Hjort