Re: killing same mobs EXP gain limitation

From: Brian Gray (mandy@NETCOM.COM)
Date: 08/25/97

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, George wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Andrey Fidrya wrote:
>
> >Has anyone implemented EXP limitations for killing same mobs over and
> >over again?
>
> >Anyone have any ideas about implementing that system?
> >If you just keep an array with mobs and number_of_kills per each mob,
> >playerbase will become ~10 kb larger per each player. :(

Seems easiest just to maintain a static array, say 256 ints to be
binarily correct.  array[0] is the last mob killed and each kill inserts
the mob's vnum at the top like a queue.  Any above array[255] get
removed.  Thus all you have to do is count the number of times the
current vnum appears in the list and run the number through your exp
algorithm to figure out how much to give.
  And I agree with previous posts that this need not be saved.  Hey, that
reminds me of a song...

  Cause we pave zones that we need not pave.
  And we save data that we need not save.
  That's the IMPS in...that's the IMPS in...