Re: Mirror image and Clone

From: Stephen Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 08/26/97

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, George wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Uffe Svanstrom wrote:
>
> > /* now list characters & objects */
> >  send_to_char(CCGRN(ch, C_NRM), ch);
> >
> > list_obj_to_char(world[ch->in_room].contents, ch, 0, FALSE);
>
> You would need to add the check in the list_obj_to_char() function.  If you
> added it there you would list every object twice if the player doing the
> look was cloned.

        Unfortunately, a kill <cloned persons name> would still hit him,
regardless of if he is cloned or not. What you COULD do is, make 3 Clone
flags, if you cast the spell on you, to others in a room you will be
listed 4 times, if you get into a fight, the MOB/PC has a 25% chance of
hitting YOU, otherwise he will hit a clone. If he hits a clone, the code
removes the clone flag, and gives ya the second one, where the code
interprets it as now there are only 2 clones. I know there is probably a
better way of doing this, but this is what came to mind.
                                        Ryan