Re[2]: [ Problem ] Areas changing...

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 08/28/97

Actually, I think you nailed it right on the head.  But also, if they do leave,
just advertise on the connectors/web sites/news groups and more will come.  They
will stay if you have a decent enough mud.  If you can't get enough people to
stay, put in more work..
--Angus
Isn't this the very essence of the Art of Administrating (or the Zen if
you want to be a bit more oriental; and really, who doesn't?)...?  The
Art/Zen of Administating a MUD is to piss-off the players enough to make
them grumble, but not enough to make them leave.  In otherwords, change
it for the harder, and they'll grumble, but if you don't (a) make a complete
mess out of the game, (b) really piss them off; they stick around and
continue to play, and eventually they forget about how angry they were
over you making the game harder, providing them new obstacles.  And it
just becomes a way of life to account for that one obstacle; and then
you spring another on them, and they play through that...

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks so (which I wouldn't doubt).
     -dan