LOWER

From: Robert Sinland (rsinland@ERSKINE.POLARISTEL.NET)
Date: 08/29/97

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the clan_destroy thing to work
with the ascii pfiles.
As it stands it tries to open a pfile and we get this.

SYSERR: Couldn't open player file pfiles/L/Lerris

Now to make it look for pfiles/l/lerris we should only need to throw in
a LOWER someplace right?

this is what the stock code looks like

  /* are they online? */
for (j = 0; j <= top_of_p_table; j++){
  if((victim=is_playing((player_table +j)->name))) {
    if(GET_CLAN(victim)==clan[i].id) {
      GET_CLAN(victim)=0;
      GET_CLAN_RANK(victim)=0;
      save_char(victim, victim->in_room); } }
   /* nope not online, fix the file */
  else {
    load_char((player_table + j)->name, &chdata);
    if(chdata.player_specials_saved.clan==clan[i].id) {
      chdata.player_specials_saved.clan=0;
      chdata.player_specials_saved.clan_rank=0;
      save_char_file_u(chdata); } } }

I have tried all sorts of ways to get a LOWER in there, but none have
worked yet.
Anyone willing to explain what I'm doing wrong?
RS
.