[Proposal][bpl12] More aesthetically correct variable names

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 08/30/97

Well, I have a proposal for more aesthetically correct variable names.

I personally use this system as much as possible, what has kept me from
implementing it on CircleMUD is my lack of full knowledge of other
systems (i.e, what systems this would break on and what the appropriate
sizes are to fix it).

My proposal is this:

Where possible, change names such as:

unsigned short
signed short
short
unsigned long
signed long
long

etc, to

UInt16
SInt16
SInt16
UInt32
SInt32
SInt32

respectively.  The reasoning behind this is it allows for easier instant
recognition of sizes and type, and is in general faster to type (for
some).  As you can tell, the format is:

[U|S]Int[#]

Where [U|S] is U for unsigned, S for signed, and # is the # of bits of
the variable.  Therefore there would also be UInt8 and SInt8.

I think some would like this system, I don't know about the rest.

- Chris Jacobson