Re: [ OasisOLC ] Another bug?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/31/97

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

>  I just noticed... When editing zone files with zedit you have to specify
> the max mobs/objs exitsting in the mud... If you want to have it unlimited
> you have to set -1.... Heck zedit doesn't allow this...
>
> Is this a common bug or it is like that only with me? :)

In stock Circle there is no way to have an object be unlimited....  :(

What I did was remove the "Max #" in Zedit, and make it part of the
object's data struct. When the obj resets, it loads the obj, checks to
see if it is above limit, and if it is, then it extracts that object, and
goes onto the next Zone command. If the Max # of the obj is set to Zero
then the obj is considered to be unlimited.

I did the same with mobs, but you can't have a mob be set to "Unlimited".

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!