Re: [ Descriptors ] What happens at switch!?

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 09/02/97

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

> -+descriptor is gone... well.. it is not really gone, but transferred to
> -+another mob... And there is nor ecord to which mob was transferred...
>
> Their original character is in "d->original".

 Hmm... Just ignore my previous post... Maybe I should ask in a different
way...

 How to transfer descriptor back to the original body? Here's the example:

 Joe casts 'possess' Mob
 Now Joe's descriptor is moved to the Mob and Joe's body is left in that
room... Mob is walking around now... Here comes the tricky part...

MobII comes along and notices Joe's body there, standing still. BLAM!
MobII decides that it will attack Joe, but Joe doesn't know that, because
he's possessing Mob. Now at the point that MobII inflicts damage on Joe's
poor body, Joe is distrubed and his concentration fails and he returns
back in his body....

 How to transfer the descriptor back? Sure there is ch->desc->original,
but whole desc-> was moved to the mob and now we have ch w/o desc and we
have mob->desc Am I right here?

I think we should have something like ch->possessing So when fight begins
you do something like:

 if (ch->possessing) {
   ch->desc = ch->possessing->desc;
   ch->possessing->desc = NULL;
 }

To transfer back the descriptor...

Hm, maybe I'm missing something here... *scratch*

David!