[help!] medit crashing the MUD

From: Serapi (roland@INTERPATH.COM)
Date: 09/04/97

In OasisOLC:
When a new mobile is edited, upon typing 's', the MUD crashes.
Gdb traces the problem to:

        0x400688bc in free ()

I don't know for sure, but I think that's some kind of memory funtion?  I found
it defined in sysdep.h.  Any help or solutions on this would be extremely
appreciated.

A less important question:
I've been working on getting the stock version of Animate Dead to work.  But the
spello's I've been putting in crash the MUD.

      spello(SPELL_ANIMATE_DEAD, 30, 30, 3, POS_STANDING,
        TAR_CHAR_ROOM | TAR_OBJ_ROOM, FALSE,  MAG_SUMMONS);

What should it be?