Re: Newbie questions.

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/08/97

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:

>        First question I have, is what resources or options exist for the
>conversion of stock diku tinyworld files to circle 3.0 format?  (Other than
>splitting and converting it by hand of course)

Try the 'split' utility in the utils/ directory.  Other than that, I ran
the entire SillyMUD world file through CircleMUD.  I had to fix a couple
errors in the world file that CircleMUD found though.

>        However, the idea of converting hundreds of rooms one at a time
>with pico, isn't an entertaining though.  I'm sure someone has written an
>awk or sed appliction to do this.  (I myself whipped up a sed script to
>replace all the QQ's with a zone number in the very few areas on the
>circle ftp site)

Just add it to your index and make sure nothing conflicts as in room
numbers.

?

>        Just to let you all know, I've chosen circle mainly for it's
>'stockness', and the promise of an update, 'comming soon'.

And plenty of unofficial updates floating around to pick from. :)

>        If someone could give me an update on the status of the next version
>of Circle I'd appreciate it.  The, 'comming soon', was back in 1996 aparantly.

RealSoonNowHopefully(U)

(U) - Unregistered untrademark