Odd things

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/08/97

OasisOLC 'medit save' works fine under an IBM RS/6000 model 340, running
AIX 3.2.5 and a Pentium 133 running Linux 2.1.42.

Transferring a pfile from Linux to AIX worked, sort of.  I did a binary FTP
of the pfile and when I ran the AIX compiled CircleMUD, I logged in fine
but all the integers were screwed, which is to be expected.  Seems it kept
all the strings as my name and password were intact.  Both machines use GCC
2.7.2 and 2.7.2.2 respectively so a wild theory of mine that I doubt would
be that somehow GCC compiles it in such a way as to avoid problem.

I was thinking of something else also, just imagine the download traffic
when CircleMUD bpl12 is finally released. :)