Re: Newbie questions.

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@NETREACH.NET)
Date: 09/09/97

>On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:
>
>-+        Can anyone offer a quick solution to the bug in the stock circle
>code,
>-+where the first entry of a name upon the client connecting, invariably fails?
>
>No such bug has ever been reported by anyone or seen by me.  Could
>you perhaps give a little more info (what platform you're running on
>[computer, OS, compiler, etc.], have you changed any of the code
>[specifically in that area], etc.)

        Well I played around with this a bit today and found it only occurs
with a telnet client for the Mac, NCSA telnet.  Couldn't reproduce the problem
with unix telnet or another Mac client I tried.

        Apparantly what a few others mentioned seems to be true.  When you
first connect NCSA telnet sends out some undisplayable char in some sort
of handshake attempt.

        I'll look through the preferences later today, see what I find.

-jac 'A listserv where you get answers, not flames?  Good Lord, what will
      they think of next?'

root@localhost