Re: mob loading stuff

From: Nicko Demeter (webmaster@NEWMEDIA.NET)
Date: 09/09/97

At 04:49 PM 9/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>> none of this has happened, but my paranoid admin tends to think that
>>> everyone will find a way to do something wrong...
>
>The truth is that unless you really know and trust your builders, they will
>find ways to screw you unless they are very trustworthy. There are 4 imms
>on my mud, 1 of which is me, and we've been running over 2 years now. The
>reason is mainly that I do not trust anyone, because I've been taken
>advantage of one too many times.

Quite true.

Our MUD almost fell apart when an immortal tried to screw us. We had people
complaining that were forced to fight another player, quest messages we
being erased from boards etc.

Right now there are only two immortals there. The person that owns the
machine and me. And it is quite doubtful we will have any other joining us
anytime soon after what happened.

%