Re: Jeremy's Documentation

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@NETREACH.NET)
Date: 09/10/97

>On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Ray wrote:
>
>> True, but Circle is currently able to be used by those who don't know how
>> to code at all.  Just unzip it and compile it and you've got yourself a
>> mud.  If the classes were gone, the mud would not be usable out of the
>> box, so the would-be Circle imp would need to modify the code a bit
>> before he/she would have a usable mud.
>

>I don't think that he was actually serious about taking the classes out
>but I do think that if you're going to ask questions, you should
>understand the basic fundimentals of programming, specifically in ANSI C.

        Heh, it was very tounge in cheek of course. :)

        I'm looking foward to some semblance of some documentation.  Being
all new to this, can't hardly tell by looking if say, a snippet or patch
is for 2.x or 3.x if it isn't mentioned.

        Just now starting to get a general feel for the code.  Taking a bit
of time, as RPG is the language that fills my pockets so I haven't quite done
alot with c in the last 4-5 years (and even back then, not too much with
data structures).  But I am getting there.

-jac 'Don't know about you, I find grep to be an priceless item in this effort.'