Re: RECALL

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/13/97

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Yolan wrote:

-+Hi. Okay. This may be stupid but I was wondering does anyone here know
-+how to add recall? When I go onto other peoples muds I relly like them
-+if there is a recall command. Thanks

Uhm,

ACMD(do_recall)
{
  extern int r_mortal_start_room; // check name of variable; might be off
  if (ch->in_room != r_mortal_start_room) {
    act("$n disappears in a puff of smoke.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
    char_from_room(ch);
    char_to_room(ch, r_mortal_start_room);
    act("$n appears in a puff of smoke.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
    look_at_room(ch, 1); // check function call; may be off
  }
}

Please note that this is the only time I will ever even consider
posting a command so simple.  All one needs to write this command
is a very basic understanding of how CircleMUD manages characters
entering/leaving rooms; and where it stores the real number of the
mortal start room.

As for the two comments, I haven't played with Circle in a (very)
long time [4 months soon], so I've forgotten a bit of the function
calls.  I'm planning on getting my computer all straightened out
this weekend, whenever I don't have anything real life going on
and then maybe I can get around to things I've been meaning to do
for a long time (e.g., visit Asritya)

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.