Re: Spells and manacost

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/13/97

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Gary Barnett wrote:

-+If you want to stick with the stock AC (I didn't) you
-+could scale the table to fit..
-+
-+If you think the system is worthy of elaboration, let me know and I'll post
-+more on it. I wanted to keep this post fairly short though, as not everyone
-+wants to put an entirely different combat system in their mud.
-+

Particularly the AC modifications would be of interest.  Though I think
you messed up with your math in the example on the spear.  We had 1d6
for a possible roll, +2 for the spear's modifier, and 100% for the
weapon type modifier; we roll a 3, and then you added 5.  I think what
you mean to do was we roll a 3, we add 2 and we get 5, thus we do 10
HP of damage, not 16 (you did 3+5=8, 8+100%=16).  But if you were
right, then where'd the +5 come from? :)~

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.