Re: Wierld crashes been plaguing me

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/16/97

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

>On 9/17/97 2:26 AM, George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU) stated:
>
>Thats what I figured... but I'm totally unable to figure out what might
>be doing this to the memory...

What I did in my 6 hour debugging of the castle.c problem wasn't very
techincal.

I just put a free(mob_proto); in the code and kept moving it up function by
function til it didn't crash.  Then I started moving it back down til it
did again.

A good approach is to find something to free() that crashes the MUD and
then move that around til things go wrong. :)