Re: newbie help

From: Darklord (mattm@SATYRS.ENGR.CSUFRESNO.EDU)
Date: 09/21/97

 I just added Ghenna zone and when i autorun it gives me
'Room 9900 under zone 34' somebody help?!? PLease RESPOND
ASAP!

--------

 Ok.. dude.. i probably have tried just about every zone off that ftp site and
added it to my OLD Bio-Hazard MUD.

What i had to do was edit the file by hand.  75% of those zones on the ftp site
there i either had to change all the room numbers to fit.. or alter the format
in some way.

So.. in answer to your question.. see if you can find a ZONE.doc somewhere
or something similar to that, in which comes with the circlemud starter kit..
ie.. (circle30bpl11.tar.gz).

This will then give you an idea on how the format is read and should be printed.
Theres not much i can do to help ya there, other than give you a few words of
advice.

Find a zone that is working fine.. and follow the format exactly.
The start of a zone (if i remember correctly since my databse is original)

room name~
room description
0 0 0
D0
2 4 5

something like that i believe.
the start is denoted with a '#'  and the end of it is denoted with an 'S'

-Darklord                       Bio-Hazard Industries