Re: Clearing the screen.

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 09/24/97

^[[H^[[J
^^-- those two "together" are the ESC character (which in C amounts to
   \x1B)
so to clear the screen you'd do something to the affect of

sprintf(buf, "\x1B[H\x1B[J");
send_to_char(buf, ch);

DISCLAIMER: I know this isn't needed, but the above is considered
 "mailer code" which means you can modify it as needed, without
 need of a license :-P.

Akuma the Raging Coder

At 12:33 AM 9/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
>^[[H^[[J
>clears the screen, but only if the '^[' are entered 'together'. How does
>one get ^[ into the code so the clear screen code will work properly?
>
>My 'native' editor is, of course, pico, but am willing to learn another
>to get this to work right.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>
>
>May the source be with you.

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |