Re: [CODE] Adding levels above 170s

From: Franco Gasperino (awe@CET.COM)
Date: 09/24/97

> From: Daniel Koepke <dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM>
> To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
> Subject: Re:  [CODE] Adding levels above 170s
> Date: Wednesday, September 24, 1997 5:21 PM
> Or an unsigned char and you get 255 levels...without any real
> affects to things. :)   But to get 311 levels, you'll have to
> do at least a short int.  The alternative being that you
> lower the amount of levels you have and just make it harder
> to advance each level (set goals other than killing, etc.).
> But, no...that'd require actually bothering with game balance. :)~

  No doubt. Bigger does not mean better. I think
having 300+ levels will affect game balance more than fiddling
with how experience is gained.
  In a 300+ level system, you (unless you have very good idea
of what you're doing or how to best impliment it) remove most
all value of gaining a level, because of how insignificant a level
is with a range like that.

Just my opinion

Franco Gasperino
Cutting Edge Communications