Mobprogs and Variables... Sep 25, 1997 at 09:00:37PM +0200

From: Ric Klaren (j.klaren@STUDENT.UTWENTE.NL)
Date: 09/26/97

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 25, 1997 at 09:00:37PM +0200, David Klasinc wrote:
David Klasinc>  Hm, I'm trying to add some 'variables' to the mobprogs... Has anyone
David Klasinc> accomplished something like that? *scratch*
David Klasinc>
David Klasinc> So that it would be possible to store few little things in the mobprogs...
David Klasinc> For example how much gold player gave tot he mob or what object or
David Klasinc> something similar... :)
David Klasinc>
David Klasinc>  And then also checks should be added, so that you can make some if checks
David Klasinc> and comparisons and stuff...

Don't know if it's of use to you but.. I'm currently working on getting the
last quirks out of my complete rewrite of the mobprogs. It's a totally new
design with a few things borrowed from the old ones.. eg the mpxxx commands
although a number of them will be embedded in the language. One thing
though it's a C++ class, but it's probably pretty easy to wrap it in a
number of standard C functions. I took great care in making it as general
as possible since I plan to use it for objects and rooms too. For ppl wo
wanna take a peek at the posibilities/syntax they can take a look at the
preliminary docu at http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~ia_ric/programs.html. I guess
it's somewhat like Gary's implementation. I use a seperate compiler which
generates a binary code, which is lateron interpreted in the mud.

I plan to release this when it gets presentable..

some quick keywords to give an impression.. object-oriented-ish, c-ish, at
runtime configurable triggers, variables (named and typed), assignable
trust-levels, OLC (oasis-ish), uses vnums for progs, (when I'm ready even
arrays, interface to eventcode, affectcode (mobs with 'custom' spells)),
easy to interface to other codebases, to interface it to standardcircle
will require (probably) a lot of work (mainly tedious simpel stuff though :)

Greets Ric