Re: [CODE] saving rooms

From: Price Hall (phall@DUFUS.CC.WESTGA.EDU)
Date: 09/28/97

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Co-Sysop wrote:

> Yes, I did make a ./lib/save directory.  And upon investigating the matter
> further I see a 277.save file sitting there with 0 bytes.  I am assuming
> this is just a Win95 error but I don't know why it keeps crashing.  I'm
> almost tempted to get a copy of linux but I think for just a simple problem
> like this that would be a bit overboard.

I just installed this patch to see what's up.  Looks like a mistake in
save_saved() in house.c.  Look where it does a:

fopen(buf, "wb");
fclose(fll);

fll = fopen(buf, "wb");

Notice that the first fopen does NOT assign to fll...nor is fll
initialized anywhere else in save_saved.  And yet, the code is
fclose()'ing it.  That's the problem.

-price