Re: Oasis Medit's Problems

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/30/97

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer wrote:

>well, i went back looking through medit.c in the
>medit_save_internally() part,
>and i got to wondering.
>instead of just FREEing the old memory,
>why not REALLOC it to the new size, thereby
>saving the free(mob_index); trouble?

My immediate thoughts on the matter are:
1) Memory location could move.
2) Might not be able to make that big a block.

Haven't really thought about the consequences though, you could go try it
and see what happens... :)

>my question on this, though, is :
>  Has anyone tried this, and KNOW if it works or not?
>because i STILL get crashes on the Mob_index freeing part,
>and i can't seem to figure out why (i have a few ideas, but i need sleep).

With which patch/OS? I fixed the Solaris problem (I believe) a few patches
ago and Linux/AIX/others a couple before that.