Re: [Code]

From: Chris Proctor (cjp@YOYO.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU)
Date: 10/01/97

> >affect_from_char (ch=0x8269f30, type=7) at handler.c:336
> >336         if (hjp->type == type)
>
>    if (!ch)
>      return;
> >  for (hjp = ch->affected; hjp; hjp = hjp->next)
>      if (hjp && hjp->type == type)
> >    if (hjp->type == type)
> >        affect_remove(ch, hjp);
>
> In your situation, hjp is NULL and taking hjp->type naturally crashes...
> (excluding a memory overrun elsewhere in the code in which case it could be
> something not even related to this)

Nup, even with the changes it crashes predictably on charming a mob,
casting simulacrum on it and purging it.

I think the if (hjp) bit is unneccessary btw, as it checks in the for
loop in any case.

Same backtrace with the changes (obviously slightly different line numbers).

      "A double-edged sword lets you cut down
      your enemies with the backswing as well."
             -- Gerrard of the Weatherlight