Re[2]: exp system

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 10/02/97

Actually have done exactly this at mud.phoenixmud.org 4000.  don't let them kill
less then 20 mobs per level, not many for a newbie, but quite a lot for the
higher ups.. (maybe 30?)
I also set the cap to be the cap for level 15 if you are level 15 and then it
starts increasing, to help the newbies get to the fun part.
--Angus (masque@phoenix)
> Has anyone done anything like this? Just wondering how it went over
> and any suggestions on balancing it. As an implementor I think it will
> slow the leveling a little and at the same time give the players another
> challenge. let me know what you think..

I have never done anything like this, but if you get it working I would
love to see it. I have seen a mud where someone must "train" a level
with xp as you mentioned, its a SMAUG based one - ancients.tander.com
5000. They do this so they can work out multi classing, but your
idea is interesting..