Re: Ok...sigh..

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/02/97

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Mendou wrote:

-+Ok, I downloaded the Win95 version of GNU-PATCH...I tryed it.. all it did
-+was start and sat..I could type stuff and hit enter, but it did
-+nothing..sigh..I really really do need to patch this stuff in asap..i am
-+lost..Can someone _please_ help me???

RTFM.  GNU patch does not accept the patch file as an argument.  It
accepts input from stdin.  So, the solution to your problem is to run
patch as, "patch < filename," replacing filename with the filename,
of course.  The "<" is the redirection symbol, fairly universal in
meaning (sending the following file to the standard input stream, as
though it were typed).

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.