Code .gz

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/02/97

Due to the large number of corruption reports, I decided to check the
files.  What I found wasn't suprising.  gzip -t (test) reported no problems
on any files.  I downloaded it from Dragon.ham.muohio.edu (Linux 2.1.36,
Lynx 2.7.1) without trouble.  I grabbed it from Entropy.muc.muohio.edu (off
campus, Linux 2.0.30, Lynx 2.7.1) fine.  And I even got it from
Phoenix.sas.muohio.edu (RS/6000 model 340, AIX 3.2.5, Lynx 2.3.7beta) ok.
In all cases, the files passed CRC checks from gzip (1.2.4 on all).

Which leads me to the conclusion that either A) one of the three T1's out
of Miami is possessed or B) user error en masse.  So if anyone gets a
corrupted .gz file, send it to me and I'll look at it.

On something that is actually CircleMUD related, (directed to Jermey
mostly), is the CircleMUD CVS going to be read-only accessible to anyone
else who wishes to take a look at it or will it remain closed for official
releases?

CVS is cool, Checker I'll have to play with more before I decide if it is
cool but it is being used to debug EGCS so it must have some worth...
(www.cygnus.com/egcs)