Re: Patching OasisOLC..Problems..

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 10/03/97

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Mendou wrote:

-+Ok. I typed patch <oasisolc.new.patch, and its fails on everything, and
-+says misordered chunk: Output would be garbled.  patch works on a FEW other
-+programs, I dont understand whats wrong. BTW: Thanks to the people that
-+helped me before, Sorry Im getting off topic, but its important, and i have
-+no other way to find out.  I just want to know why patch is giving me
-+errors and how to make it work. (Doing it by hand would take forever cause
-+the patch file is about 35 pages long.  Thanks in advance.

Hm, it's possible you've experienced one of the uncorrupted, but
still corrupt, Oaiss patches.  The problem is apparently occurring
when the patch is downloaded with Netscape.  Try with a ftp
program (assuming the patches are availible via ftp), or with
Internet Explorer.  Or, if aren't using Netscape, just try a
different program, or redownload it.

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.