Re: [code] switch bug (sort of)

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 10/07/97

>The point is that you can recieve and send another person's mail by
>switching into their link-dead body. It's has such serious ethical
>implications that I would classify it as a bug that needs fixed. If
>you're switched into another char you should either not be allowed
>to recieve their mail or you should recieve your own mail.

If you have to ability to switch PC bodies, you *should* already have an access
level where it is possible to invade privacy in a number of ways.  This is not a
bug, this is just a feature that needs to be controlled properly, logged if
necessary.  On our mud, I could simple go read the mail file itself, if I felt
this was necessary for some reason.  This is a game, first and foremost.  If you
need to carry on a private, non-game related conversation, do it in email.  Imms
are the paper RPG equivalent to GMs, and as such, have every right to see
everything that goes on, if they feel it is necessary to run the game properly.
If they abuse this priveledge, and it is possible, don't be surprised, just go
find another game.

Ron