Re[2]: combat code

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 10/09/97

Difficult to write, nope, to balance yup... I was mostly looking for advice as
to how to weight different things and what affect they should have on speed.  To
me this seems to be a great way to deter those people that hoard huge ammounts
of EQ by making them hit less the more they carry.  But what should be the base
speed and how much should it reduce per unit weight, what is a good average
weight?  how do dex/str affect this? weapon weight/speed?  I want to keep the
numbers munchkins from exploiting this system. (I know I will have to use two
different base weights one for PC and one for NPC) (mobs don't usually have as
much stuff and I don't want a fido to walk all over a level 20.) or completely
forget about encumberance for mobs.  I remember talking about this idea with a
friend about 3-4 years ago and now I have the time to implement it.  How would
someone do dual_wield?  speed*2/3 and have it alternate weapons?
--Angus