Re: [CODE?] Email_Reg && Aliases

From: Chris Proctor (cjp@YOYO.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU)
Date: 10/09/97

> >   m is "cast 'magic missile'
> >
> > now you type
> >
> >   m someone
> >
> > but he don't take this string as cast 'magic missile' someone ... he
> > ignores the someone!!
>
> alias mm cast 'magic missile' $*
>
> (I think it is $* for the 'rest of line', not 100% sure, if not, it is
> something to that effect)

Hmm, someone implementing who's never mudded before? I would have thought
that alias arguments would have been one of the first things you'd have
learnt as a player.

Yeah, the $* takes the rest of the line, sometimes that's not very useful
though.
$1, $2 etc can be used for individual words, e.g.
alias mmm cast 'magic missile' $1; cast 'magic missile' $2
would cast magic missile at two targets, when you type:
mmm fred bill
Anyway. Maybe more info than you wanted.

Chris

      "A double-edged sword lets you cut down
      your enemies with the backswing as well."
             -- Gerrard of the Weatherlight