Re: [ Idea ] Shapeshifters...

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 10/10/97

This would be easy to do in C++ (derive the player's polied
form from the descriptor class and the object class), but
seems a bit more difficult in C.  You will probably have
to re-write the object struct, but you need to be careful
if you do this that it doesn't have any bad side-effects.

I remember one mud (FL) where they had a shapeshifter class,
and you could shapeshift into a pool of liquid which could
only just slither around look.  You dropped all your eq when
in this form, though ;)

Edward Glamkowski, Programmer           Mathematica Policy Research
EGlamkowski@mathematic-MPR.COM          Princeton, NJ
                http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/

        Il dort. Quoique le sort fut pour lui bien etrange,
        Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange.
        La chose simplement d'elle-meme arriva,
        Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.